Elections to the Executive Committee (EC) of the Slovak Chamber of English Teachers are held every 3 years. The EC consists of 5 members, one of whom is chosen by the others to be Chair. The responsibilities of the every-day running of the Chamber are divided among the members of the EC based on their strengths and weaknesses, and mutual agreement. Positions on the EC are unpaid and strictly volunteer.
Due to a lack of candidates, the current EC was approved to continue on for another year at the Annual General Meeting of SKA members at the September 2017 conference in Nitra.
Lynda Steyne (Chair)
Assistant Professor – Academic English and Composition (Bratislava International School of Liberal Arts, Bratislava)
Ilona Šostroneková (Membership Secretary)
Freelance English Teacher (Liptovsky Mikulas) – various courses for adults and children, live and via Skype
Hon Chong (Drama SIG Coordinator)
Freelance English Teacher; Founder and Director of Imagine Center for Learning and Funnylicious Improv Theater (Bratislava).
Ondrej Koščík (Official Photographer)
English Teacher (Bridge English Language Centre); Central Europe’s ELT conference and Music Photographer
Open positions (accepting nominations)
- Deputy Chair – project manager
- Projects, newsletter & updates
Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name, short bio and photo of the nominee. A vote will be held in September 2018 at the conference.
Other people who help:
- Conference: Martina Rundesova, Jana Pastorkova, Miska Zaletova, Hon Chong, Anna Jancova, and Ondrej Koščík.
- Facebook Admins – scet/ska: Lyn Steyne
The Team is always growing and looking for those who would like to grow with us. If you’re interested in helping, or being a regional – or interest group – representative, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Previous Executive Committee Members
- Lucia Grauzľová (Otrisalova) – Deputy Chair [assistant professor – Comenius University in Bratislava]
- Martina Bednarikova – Membership Secretary [Slovakia]
- Marja Juhola – Deputy Chair [language trainer and consultant – Finland]
- Lenka Matuskova – Treasurer [ELT – the Bridge, Bratislava]