What Works – Practically Speaking
Life is change.
Students come and go.
New learning theories are introduced and slowly fade away.
New technologies spring up like mushrooms after a summer rain.
Curriculum requirements are changed with every shift of the political wind.
The constant in education is the TEACHER.
But how can we, teachers, figure out what will work with our students when we are overwhelmed with so much new, changing and shifting information?
This year’s ELTForum.sk conference seeks to provide the space and time for teacher trainers and teachers to share the practical methodologies and insights they have learned from their own teaching experience and/or research in ELT. Learning from each other, interacting and networking, we can become better teachers for our students.
The organizing committee of the 3rd Annual ELTForum.sk Teacher Development Conference invites English teachers from Slovakia, central Europe and around the world to take part in its annual conference in Bratislava, Slovakia, in June of 2013.
We welcome proposals related to the conference theme (‘What Works’ – effective and practical methodologies in ELT) in any of the following areas:
- One (or more) of the 4 Skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening
- Teaching grammar, vocabulary or pronunciation
- Business English
- Cultural Studies
- Exam Skills
- Materials Design
- IT and Communication Technologies
- Continuing Professional Development
- Networking (PLN)
Types of Proposals
Workshop (60 minutes)
A practical presentation which shows, rather than tells, an ELT technique that can be used later in the classroom or for personal professional growth. The speaker involves participants through hands-on activities.
Talk/Presentation (30 minutes)
An instructive talk given by (a) subject specialist(s). May include presentation of published (or unpublished) materials.
Please fill in and submit the speaker’s application form here.
You can also submit your proposal via email.
Indicate whether you’re interested presenting…
- a 30-minute TALK
- OR a 30-minute PRESENTATION
- OR a 60-minute WORKSHOP
- Indicate which of the above AREAs your proposal fits under (e.g. Business English, CLIL, etc.)
- Indicate which LANGUAGE LEVEL (which students) would benefit most from what you will share (e.g. A1, A2, B1, B2, etc.)
- Indicate what AGE GROUP your presentation is for (e.g. young learners, lower secondary, teenagers, adults, etc.)
- Indicate for which LEVEL OF TEACHER your presentation is intended (e.g. inexperienced, experienced, younger teachers, teacher trainers, etc.)
- A SUMMARY of what you plan to present – no more than 50 words. This will be in the programme, if chosen.
- Your ABSTRACT describing what you plan to present – no more than 300 words
- Your BIODATA – who are you, where you teach, what you do/have done (this will go in the programme)
- YOUR NAME
- Your EMAIL ADDRESS and contact PHONE NUMBER
- Indicate if you would like your email address to appear in the conference programme.
- If there will be more than one speaker/presenter, please include their basic biodata and contact as well.
Send your proposal as an attachment in WORD to email@example.com.
Deadline: 15 February 2013
We look forward to hearing from you!
On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 3rd Annual ELTForum.sk Teacher Development Conference